Holyrood Rocks: Make a Noise, Make a Difference
Musicians are being urged to make a difference by entering their tracks into Holyrood Rocks.
There will be 8 regional heats during October, in partnership with local authorities and using community spaces and venues, based on the 8 regions of Scotland which elect list MSP’s using the Additional Member System (Central Scotland, Glasgow, Highlands & Islands, Lothian, Mid Scotland and Fife, North East Scotland, South Scotland and West Scotland). The South Scotland regional heat will take place on Sunday 11th October at the Oasis Youth Centre in Dumfries.
Winners from the heats will then go onto the national final, which will be held in the Scottish Parliament’s Main Hall on Saturday 31st October. The winner of the final will get the chance to record with an XFM producer in London.
You can enter by sending a Youtube, Soundcloud or Facebook link to firstname.lastname@example.org – but you have to be quick because the closing date for entries is this Friday (18th September).
All acts must be unsigned and over the age of 16, but there is no upper age limit. You can find more information about the competition on the Scottish Parliament website.
The competition aims to:
• Encourage every 16 – 25 year old to vote in the upcoming elections.
• Promote young people’s participation across the artistic spectrum.
• Raise awareness of the abundance of career opportunities available in Scotland across the creative industries.
• Emphasise the importance and value that the creative industries brings to Scotland’s economy.
• Promote active citizenship, respect and tolerance amongst young people, irrespective of social, ethnic or economic background.